Friday, April 28

Studio Friday Theme of the Week: Playtime


This Friday's theme of 'Playtime' at Studio Friday was quite liberating! We were to use our mouth to create. I choose the pen of the stars.. Crayola Markers!! I had my seven year old son try it with me. It was interesting to see him get so upset because he couldn't draw correctly and me laughing and having a great time because I didn't HAVE TO draw correctly!!
I found if I put the pen farther into my mouth I had better control. It was fun, and next time I get stressed out, perhaps I'll just use my mouth for something other than bitching! ;)
a closer look..



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is sooo beautiful! I love the vibrant bright colours you chose!! Did you give it a title? It looks so intriguing and I love the dots!!! :-D
The looseness is awesome!! Just beautiful!

Left-handed Trees... said...

I loved seeing this...how freeing to just "play" with your creativity. Also, how interesting that your son already has an "inner critic" going at seven. My daughter (at nine) would really relate!

Lisa Marie said...

Wow, so bright and pretty! I used paint for mine...I'm going to have to go back and try markers, just for the fun of it!

Joy Eliz said...

Oh how funny!!!
This actually came out great...it reminds me of a springtime plaid.
Love it!

The Crafty-Girl™ said...

beautiful colors and wonderfully happy design...

Penny said...

Yay for crayolas...only the best marker ever! I love how you used all the bright colors.

Abbie said...

I gave it the title 'Mouth Art'. Not to brilliant, but appropriate!
Thanks for all the compliments!

:) Abbie

Anonymous said...

So fun and happy feeling!

justjohanna said...

glad you had so much fun with it! you did a great job. it's so amazing that anything can be accomplished with this technique.

Anonymous said...

How pretty. It's like you're looking out a window on a breezy summer day. The colors are very pretty. :)

sugar mama said...

Hi, I found you on Studio Friday and love your blog. Great exercise to do together -- Crayolas + kids + art can only lead to fun!