Tuesday, December 23

A Christmas Treat

Oh! The delight of it all! Bright colors, sweets stuck to candies, chocolates and treats! Sticky frosting, that tickles your tongue,
and a large jolly man who lets you eat lots, but only if your young! Young at heart I say, only for those who enjoy the day.
The sparkle, the glitter the shimmery sheen.
For those who think that candy is keen!
Ginger breads, gumdrops and kisses galore!
When he calls we come running, hungry for more!
He jiggles his belly with a "Ho Ho Ho!"
While tall gumdrop spires are lined up in a row.
Come one! Come all! Enjoy this fine season! Come on, have a nibble! Try it!
For when it is over, beware, for it'll be time for a diet!
Merry Christmas!
xoxo~
Abbie
The gingerbread house was made by my very talented children. It sits on a cake stand surrounded by cotton fluff in our kitchen. The Baking Santa is my favorite. Sorry about the very poor poetry. :P I am punch drunk from baking, wrapping, making and photographing.

14 comments:

debi said...

Your children did a wonderful job on the gingerbread house!! It looks positively edible!
Merry Christmas!
Debi

Viola said...

Dear Abbie, hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2009.
Hugs, Viola :o)

Vee said...

The poem is great and that gingerbread house is marvelous! It does look tasty!!

Diet? Oh yes, how well I know...

Merry Christmas!

~ Phyllis ~ said...

The Gingerbread House is beautiful.
So colorful. Your children did a wonderful job.
Merry Christmas.
Hugs.

Charlene said...

The kids did an amazing job with the house! How big a mess did they make in the process? You are a brave woman!

Cassie said...

Your kids did a fabulous job on that house!

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Kathleen Grace said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Abbie!

Kathryn Costa said...

What beautiful colors in these photos. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have a present for you on my blog. Swing by when you get a moment.

{soul hugs}
k

Barb said...

Oh Abbie, I soooo enjoyed your posting, the gingerbread house is amazing and your creative poetry made me laugh!
Happy Holidays. Ü

Anke Martin said...

Wow this is a wonderful gingerbread house! I bet they had a blast making it! I don't think, your poetry is poor, fits perfect to the photos you took! Makes me want to takes the house, like in the Fairy Tale, Haensel and Gretel......are you going to eat it or leave it for a little longer to look at?
Merry Christmas!
Smiles, Anke ;)

tam said...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas! ours was interesting-lOl! Happy New year Blogging Buddy!~Smiles~Tam!

Anonymous said...

Hi Abbie, Hope you had a fantastic Christmas! I came over to let you know that I've passed on the "One Lovely Blog" award to you. It's here on my blog: http://dreamwiththefishes.blogspot.com/2008/12/next-award-to-pass-on-is.html. Happy new year!! Serena

Merisi said...

This is the most jolly baking Santa and brightly decorated, beautiful Gingerbread house ever!

Happy New Year!

Tara said...

Abbie


Doesn't this look great! They must have had a great time...I think I am going to do your project again this weekend I learned form your blog last year...cut the fronts off the holiday cards, punch a hole, add ribbon and save for next yr. This year we used the ones we made LAST yr and the kids had a ball picking specials tags for people!

Happy New Year to you! Tara