Wednesday, February 11

My Wee Weensy Life...

I apologize for being gone so long. It is so hard to get out my little box sometimes. It is a nice box though, filled with distractions. I have had tangible friends over for visits. It is so nice to spend time with those I haven't seen in years, but have known most of my life. To be able to give hugs.. I can not hug 'you'.. unfortunately... I like hugs.
My wee weensy life is occasionally pestilent and filled with the trails of family so I come here to hide...
.. and to rest. It is a nice place, caught within four walls and filled with delicate happiness.
I'll be back.. I'm just not sure when my little box will let me out.
xoxo~
Abbie
(The 'scene' is a small cardboard box that I decorated for my daughters. The chest of drawers is an antique Aunt Lydia thread spool. The bed is made of cardboard and antique wallpaper, the carpet - an antique lace doily and the tiny mushroom I made from clay. )


Bookmark and Share

12 comments:

Vee said...

Okay, Abbie, you go ahead and have a moment. Why does this remind me of the scene in A Christmas Story where Randy is under the sink? The one where his mother gives him a glass of milk and then gently shuts the door? Anyway, it's wonderful that you have "real-life" friends to hug and to return hugs.

Love your little diarama...I think that your girls must love the things that you do with them and for them.

See you soon!

mrs boo radley said...

Amazing! These are beautiful!

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ohhh so precious... -happy sigh-

Come back here to 'Down Abbie's Road," when you can. But don't worry about, when you can't. Blogging {IMHO} should be only fun. No pressure. Only, only, only fun. :-)

Gentle hugs,
Aunt Amelia
"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.
Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
~ Franklin P. Jones

Rosie's Whimsy said...

You are such a good Mom. The best play is creative play :-)

Celestial Charms said...

Thanks for this magical visit and with the most appropriate musical background playing.
Maureen

LynnF said...

Talk about an amazing piece, Abbie, it's just wonderful! Lynn

Lisa Kettell said...

This is so magical and enchanting! Wonderful!
Much Joy!
Lisa!

Lisa Kettell said...

This is so magical and enchanting! Wonderful!
Much Joy!
Lisa!

Anke Martin said...

HI Abbie, oh how lovely, I'm sure you daughters are really excited to play with this cute little house. You can tell it's made with lot's of love for details. Yes that little box....sometimes touching with the outside feels good.
Smiles, Anke ;)

Free Art Printables said...

I love this and I love how you set it up!

Esther said...

in-cre-di-ble!!!!!

Mary said...

Found you through the Vintage Moth. Love your work, intrigued by you, I'll be back.