Sunday, November 23

Living Life through Lady Bugs

I gathered them together to talk. It has been so long since all of my lady bugs were in one spot.

They sat in the shade enjoying their protection from little hands that loved to squish them quite harshly.

It is always the same. No matter how far they have traveled nor how long they have been apart, one takes the honor of the leader and then the bickering starts.


Lady Bugs can only be in each others company for so long before the popular Lady's (oh, you know.. the ones with the pretty spots and the brighter shades of red) begin the feel high and mighty.
They whisper and tee-hee about poor Jane. Oh goodness. Her wings have never closed properly. Foolish child really. Better to stay in the woods where no one sees.

But today they were brought together to celebrate every one of them. To me they are gorgeous.
Broken wings, missing legs, empty shells. They are just lovely to look at. To gaze at.

What is happening in their tiny world? Perhaps I should have let them get sucked up in my vacuume but then what would I have to blog about today?
xoxo~
Abbie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad you didn't suck up your Lady Bugs!! Besides being such cute little creatures (I'll bet in the bug world they are the fairies ;c) they are such hard workers in the garden!! I love the way they can completely destroy a herd of aphids in the blink of an eye!!

Pattie ;c)
Mazatlan mexico

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Thank you for the Lady Bug post. It brightened my day.

Vee said...

Wonderful post...

So glad that they didn't get sucked into the whirlwind.

tam said...

Very cute post! And as I am sure you already know...Ladybugs bring good luck!Isn't that sweet of them to visit!
~Tam :D

Anke Martin said...

Honoring nature....what a great post to it. Looks like you have plenty of them in your area. We do get them through out bathroom window a lot too. Are you letting them fly off you hands too and make a wish in the US? We do....wish you a great day, smiles, Anke ;)

Rhondamum said...

That was too cute. I will have to gather some at my grandfather's when we visit. His house is always swarming with them. The girls and I always say that when a lady bug comes our way, it is my grandmother sending us hugs from heaven. Thanks for warming my heart!

R...

Kathryn Costa said...

Precious! Great photos.