Saturday, May 27

Ten feet of play space...

Today my mom and I went to yard sales. Isn't that just the all American thing to do on Memorial Day weekend? I found a treasure. Actually ten feet of treasure. As some of you know, I have a new studio space in our home but I am lacking in the workspace environment. (OK.. I have NO work surfaces except the floor.) But now I do. I have 10 feet of work surface that I found at a corner garage sale. It is gorgeous. All hard wood, immaculate finish and I stole it for $35!! (that included 4 chairs!) I'll let you take a peek.. it's almost too beautiful to paint on. Almost.

I also found a box of metal letters (ABC's), several baggies of old stamps (2000 or so), and a couple of old cigar boxes. It was the best day I've had in a long time. Who knew.. about $40 total and I'll be hiphop happy for weeks! (Much better than a pair of new shoes!)

3 comments:

Robert said...

what a find! That table is amazing

Susan Schwake said...

ok, you have my weekend find beat! that table is amazing and so is the metal letters.
i found two for the price of one suntents for $5.
where on EARTH in nh did you find that table?!!
congrats! and good luck on the studio...

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's a great deal! Plenty of space to get your inspiration spread! That table would be full of stuff fast with me. Just seems like in the last time I can work better in a desk mess! Metal letters!!!! What a treasure!!! I'm sure you find a great use for them or do you use them for stamping?