Thursday, June 15

I'm scared...and alittle nervous.

My brother has two of the major symptoms of Lupus.

"What is systemic lupus erythematosus? Lupus (systemic lupus
erythematosus, or SLE) is a chronic disease that can cause inflammation, pain, and tissue damage throughout the body. Lupus is an autoimmune disease, in which a person's immune system attacks its own tissues as though they were foreign substances. If you develop serious lupus, you may have problems with your kidneys, heart, lungs, or blood cells."
-WebMD

He has horrible joint pain and the trademark rash spread across his nose. My father's step-sister lost her battle with Lupus about 4 years ago. My brother is a very active father of one (soon to be two!) and I can't even imagine how hard the waiting and not knowing must be for him. My thoughts are with you big bro. I love you.

No comments: