Monday, July 17

Relax.. I can multi-task..

Today I am watching my nephew, actually I have him this whole week during the day. So.. I'm juggling a 6 week old, a 13 month old and two miniature pinschers. I have successfully gotten both the kids down for a nap at the same time. Brooohaaaahhhaaaa!! I am a domestic GODDESS! Nah, not really, but it does make me really enjoy my fifteen minutes of quiet and relaxation time.

I even found a bit of time to do some sketches while S focused on a large stuffed flower and T bounced in her bouncy seat. I really am looking forward to the days when I have hours to devote to my art and my children are safe at school learning awful and horrid things from their peers. But, I won't wish the years away.. I know that once they are gone I can't get them back.

If T naps the way she should, she should be out for 2 hours. Which means I'll be able to feed S without her grabbing at him and screaming 'cause mommas holding someone else. C really wants to have another child.. we'll see. I told him no, because T has been sooo challenging. To the point of near insanity, but time heals all wounds and you never know where my heart might be in a year or two.. this is good practice though..

Hope everyone has a great week.. I know what I'll be doing.. juggling! (and trying to relax...)
;) Abbie

To see more relaxing at MamaSaysOm click here.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

It's funny how quickly we forget how much work a newborn baby requires! We have 3 boys ages 2, 4, and 6 and I would have had another but my husband put his foot down. He's sure that nature has wiped out my memory of it all...

You're right, once it's gone you can't get it back. I have to remind myself of that often but it's still hard not to imagine more freedon someday...

Anke Martin said...

Lars is a handful too right now. Man, I'm so exhausted some days, just from fighting with him over simple things. He wants to decide on his own, but doesn't know what, so I have to ask him everything double and more till I get a satisfied answer from him, without a rage attack followin! Sounds like you managing good though! Send you some extra engery vibes over there!

Shelley said...

Auntie Camp ROCKS! Good for you for living it up and offering your sis some respite..