Monday, August 6

Keyring Crafty...

I was staring blankly into my craft closet (creative block has taken hold of my mind right now..) and I came across a keyring left over from another project. I fiddled with it for a moment and 'smack'! It hit me. I found a larger metal ring in the bottomless pit of junk I call 'supplies' and decided to use up some of the tiny scraps of fabric from my stash. Inspired by a tissue paper wreath I had made in elementary school, I knotted probably 100 3" strips of torn, handdyed cotton around the large metal ring. Tucking them in tightly as I went. It was the perfect thing for me at the time. My sick two year old has been crawling all over me, and there was absolutely nothing in this project to hurt her! (no glue or dangerous adhesives, scissors just to snip little slits and then I was able to put them away, no needles, no exacto knives, or sharp partsy pieces) This would be a great rainy day project for little ones who can tie a knot! The colors are endless and the results are perfect! As the 1888 Newspaper says, "Brilliant! Durable! Economical!"

1 comment:

Amber said...

I sooooo want one of these!