There was some of the insulating fabric left for me to use for the rod pockets along the top. I left about a two inch gap, then stitched a two inch wide strip to the top of the curtains. If I did them again, I would make my rod pocket larger, as they don't slide very easily on the pole. But, I suppose, no pattern, you'll learn from your mistakes AFTER you make them. Not wanting to do it all over, they slide hard. I might try the metal clips with the metal rings at the top, I KNOW they would slide easily, but then again, our rods may be to mounted to close to the window casing for them.. we'll see. I used the left over scraps to sew simple tubes of fabric, and I have Velcro to screw them with. Tada! Not overly spectacular, but I estimate that I saved almost two hundred dollars by making them myself. Curtains are so very expensive, and all you really need to know how to do is a straight stitch and a few measurements. The little mistakes no one will ever notice.
On to a different topic.. My daughter has the most amazing eyes I think I have ever seen. They are almost black, yet she has blond hair. Very mysterious and wonderful! My eyes are a puke hazel brown, (not that hazel eyes are puke, just mine are) When she was born I thought I had given birth to snow white. she had a head of dark brown hair, black brown eyes and ruby red lips. Well, the hair has changed and the lips are usually in a snickery, mischievous grin, but the eyes are still black.