Monday, November 19

Wrinkles in Time..

This is a post I pulled from one of my old blogs.. I reread it this evening and it made me laugh outloud! I am now 32 and I have gracefully accepted my wrinkles. My face is not tan, and I use only one facial mosturizer.

"Hit thirty and everything went to hell in a handbag. WRINKLES! Arrhhhagghh! There are wrinkles everywhere! They sneak in, a small almost invisible line and WHHALLLOOPP! CRACK!! a large fissure has taken its place overnight. Actually, I am fairly wrinkle free if I remain completely expressionless. No more smiling. Or frowning. Looks of confusion. No more glaring at my son.The preservation has begun. At what age is it OK to have wrinkles? 50? 40? Did those few years of sneaking cigarettes from my mothers purse hurt my skin so badly? How about sun tanning? Do I need to be pale and washed out for an eternity? Or is orange better from the fake tanners? I truly look best with some sun my face. I think most people do. A natural glow. Provided by mother nature herself. Does mother nature really hurt us so badly that we have to use four different products to cover our skin from her? What about fresh air? Vitamin D? Screw Wrinkles! If I have a few maybe they will be unnoticed on my bare, tan face! HA!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just turned 30 and always check the mirror for wrinkles. So far, so good. Just a few laugh lines that only show when I smile.

Mary said...

Oh, dear Abbie, enjoy 32!!! I won't tell you what 50 is like...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
xoxo,
Mary

Unknown said...

Hi Abbie,

Thanks for visiting my site. The name Abbie is an old family name on my dad's side (spelled with the "ie" too). We wanted to name our daughter that, but a cousin beat us to it! Love your site!

Annie

Anonymous said...

I'm 40 and learning to accept the grays that are popping in - I'm not above coloring them, though. ;-)

I was told a long time ago that "brains last - beauty don't" - I'm up way over my head in education debt because of that phrase. :-)