Monday, March 31

Button Fun! UPDATED!!

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a button floozy! I just love them and can not pass up a jar!
I discovered the button fun on Kathy's Blog and just had to join Sugar Sugar's Button challenge, even though I am a day late.. (ha! my husband is going to lol when he sees this as I am always late for everything!)

If you browse my blog, you'll find buttons all over the place, so I thought I'd share my most recent acquisition. This metal tin, when you first glance in it, appears to be filled with junk, but not to me!! Look at the lovelies that were buried inside! Glass, shell, metal, vegetable ivory..





My favorite is the one with the black velvet flowers and leaf.. how do they do that?? Alas, there was just the one. Now I have something else to hunt for!


For more button fun follow the above links or you can peek at Button Constructions, a wonderful Etsy shop filled with button love!


(my next post will be in response to the wonderful comments and emails I received this weekend! Thank you so much for all the supportive words, they made me cry!)


*************************************************************


UPDATE:


COME JOIN THE FUN AT









10 comments:

Sherry said...

I love that you are a button floozy!!! I mean, if you're going to be a floozy, it might as well be one with panache!!! :)

Rosie's Whimsy said...

A button floozy! That is priceless :-) I love buttons....can we start a club and all be "button floozies" ? Will you be our leader?

:-) Rosie

Anonymous said...

hi abbie!

your post was a hoot to read! lovely buttons!! thanks also for your sweet comments on mine.

yes, that would be a fun thing to start a floozy er i mean, a "button" floozy group, lol!
let me know if you do, 'cuz i'd like to be one of your fella floozies, hehehe!

have a great day!

xo mary ann

Vee said...

Button floozy, eh? ;>

Your favorite is just marvelous. I like that one best, too.

Kathleen Grace said...

Oooh, fabulous buttons! I think the best thing about buttons is their infinite variety. There is always another little gem to discover! Thanks for sharing yours:>)

Lori said...

Abbie, you have some of the prettiest buttons i have seen in the challenge:) each one is more gorgeous than the last...i can't even choose a favorite amongst your wonderful pretties!!!

Tara said...

Hee-hee! I didn't know there were button floozies out there!

PS--my hubby keeps asking me what the song is on your blog, we like it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous buttons! I like the glittery ones.

Manuela

Anonymous said...

You've collected some gorgeous buttons, Abbie! I love buttons too and must get my collection organized ... someday. :)

Good luck with your search for balance ... listen to your heart and do what you feel you have to. Don't listen to others or what you might think you should do. You'll know what's right. (I used to have a friend tell me this all the time when I asked for advice and it infuriated me at the time! Now that I'm older and wiser she gave me the best advice of any.)

xo,
Lynda

ps ~ I've had trouble visiting your blog ... whenever I get here my computer would crash ... not sure why but today it let me read you. :)

The Apron Queen said...

Couldn't stay away for S&T Sunday! Missed the button challenge, so decided to show off my vintage buttons! You can go right over here.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.